Monday, April 13, 2009

Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies!

I am going to do a lot of oatmeal recipes considering how my mom bought a plethora of instant oatmeal.... why, I don't know considering how I only make 1/4 cup of oats every morning for breakfast.... with the amount of Quaker Oats she bought in bulk, its going to take me a year! Hence, lots of oatmeal related recipes!

They are cakey and crumbly all at the same time, dense, but not too dense. I think I need to fiddle with the recipe just a bit more, but currently how they stand, my dad enjoys them quite a bit. I added a touch of nutmeg which adds a nice spicy delightful flavor to them.

Oatmeal Dark Chocolate Walnut Cookies

1/2 c. butter (soften)
1/2 c. brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 c. granulated white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 egg

1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. oat flour (I just took the oatmeal and food processed it until fine)
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 1/2 c instant oatmeal

3.4 oz dark chocolate, chopped (one half of a large Hershey Bar) 0r 3/4 c. chocolate chips
3/4 c. chopped walnuts

1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F, prepare your baking sheets with either parchment paper or non stick spray

2. cream butter and sugars, add vanilla extract and egg until well blended together

3. mix in all dry ingredients.

4. drop one oz. balls of dough onto your sheet. I use a small ice cream scoop to make uniform cookie balls.

5. bake for 15-18 minutes until slightly golden brown around the edges

6. cool on wire rack

makes ~2 dozen cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment