Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mayoless Tuna Sandwich with Avocado

It felt nearly like summer this past weekend. Andrea, Andy and I hit up the beaches armed iwth wetsuits and surfboards. Of course all that beach activity is going to make us hungry!! So I packed tuna sandwiches which I pazazzed up quite a bit. I hate hate hate mayonnaise, so I made it mayo less with the magic of avocado.

Andrea suggested next time to add Parmesan cheese and one minced up egg.

Mayoless Tuna Sandwich

your choice of bread ( I bought whole wheat rolls)
1 can tuna, drained
1 shallot
1 celery stalk
1 avocado
~1 tsp red chili flakes
Romaine Lettuce
Tomato Slices
cheese (optional)
S&P to taste

1. Mix up the tuna so that all the chunks are broken up.

2. Finely dice shallot and celery stalk, mix in with tuna

3. Cube up the avocado and mash, mix in with tuna, celery and shallot.

4. Mix in red chili flakes, S&P.

5. Compile sandwich [ bread, lettuce, tuna mixture, cheese, tomato, lettuce, bread ]

Makes enough for 3 sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment