Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Alligator Cake


Alligator Cake
Originally uploaded by LTizzle
My friend Lisa Daigle is having her 25th birthday. For the past few years, I have always managed to make her a cake (except for when I went off to California). It all started with a chocolate cake, plastic dinosaurs and a chocolate cupcake volcano... the rest is Lisa/Lisa history.

Anyhow, this year for Lisa's big quarter century she decided the best way to celebrate growing up was of course to go to Midevil times in New Jersey!! What a better way than to go to a prepaid dinner where you get to eat with your hands, watch sword fights and live jousting???

So this year's cake is a Dragon, you know to go with the theme. This is my first cake (I thought I should practice). It ended up looking like an alligator that was poorly frosted. Yes, I ran out of frosting. I was about a cup short of how I would have preferred to frost but with all else considered, I think it came out pretty good.

I'll be posting more dragon/alligator cakes as they come up. When this series is done, I'll post the final recipe and pattern :]

1 comment: