Monday, August 10, 2009

Lemongrass Ginger Grilled Chicken Wings

So much like my last post, I haven't posted a recipe in well over 1 month. With all the much needed summer fun going on, there's been a lot of time to cook but no time to blog!

One favorite summer activity has been is going out on Amos Lake and doing "Sunset BBQs" on the boat. After an hour or two of wake boarding, a much needed grill session is always in order!

Changing things up from the usual burgers and hot dogs, I brought over some wings in this concocted marinate that I've modified from a recipe my mom frequently utilizes. So here is the closest anyone will ever get to getting one of my mom's top secret recipes!

I'm also dedicating this blog post to Cat N., a friend of mine from Santa Barbara. She was always my biggest fan! Thanks lady! :] Also, props to Emily B. for snagging my camera in the nick of time to snap a perfect picture of the wings grilling on the boat!

If I actually had to give this a name utilizing all the ingredients, it would be a VERY long title, so I'll just call these "Lemongrass Ginger Grilled Chicken Wings". Beats out any Asian Teriyaki chicken anytime if you ask me!



Lemongrass Ginger Grilled Chicken Wings

NOTE: Since this is a marinate that you are concocting and I never really measure (I did this time, but accidentally tossed out that paper with the approximations) there is quite a bit of flexibility so you really can't go wrong!

ingredients

4-5 lbs chicken wingettes (or you can just leave the wings whole, your choice)

.25 cup Oyster Sauce
3.5 tbsp Mushroom Soy Sauce (or dark soy sauce)
2.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
.25 cup lightly packed light brown sugar
1 tbsp spoon red chili flakes
4 large garlic cloves, minced
1 shallot, minced
1.5 tbsp minced Lemongrass
1 tbsp minced ginger
2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper

materials

1 gallon zip lock bag
1 mixing bowl
1 spoon


1. Taking all the ingredients (except for the chicken), mix them together in the bowl.
2. Put washed wings into the zip lock bag.
3. Dump marinate into bag.
4. Zip bag up
5. Proceed to massage and mix, coating the wings well.
6. Let marinate for at least 30 min, but the longer the better. Marinate overnight for best results.
7. Grill! As you grill, baste with excess marinate. Makes it extra tasty.

Makes enough wings for 5-6 people to enjoy on a party boat while sippin' on some Coronas with limes :] !

No comments:

Post a Comment