Monday, May 25, 2009

Eggrolls


Eggrolls
Originally uploaded by LTizzle

Most people on Memorial Day have foods that include hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, and watermelon. In my family, not so much. Our picnics usually consist of my mom making amazing steaks marinated in this sauce that I can't even explain, wings (some of you have had the pleasure of having) also marinated in amazingess, vietnamese style coleslaw, some kind of noodle soup spring rolls, and lettuce wraps.

Today, my mom's feature was Eggrolls. My mom made a filling of pork and shrimp, carrots, glass noodles, rehydrated mushrooms, onion, garlic, and of course fish sauce. I would post the recipe, but once again, she likes to be all top secret about it... or just not tell me the proportion for each ingredient.

Deep fried goodness, my mom's eggrolls are extremely satisfying. They can be eaten plain or wrapped in a roman lettuce leaf and dipped in a sweet fish sauce for a touch of tang and sweetness.

I swear, one day I will post one of my mom's amazing foods.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite memories with you was sitting on your back porch with your relatives at your graduation party making eggrolls. :-)

    ReplyDelete